Nuffnang

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Inspirational White Sheets

So... Just came home from 1Utama (again). Went with my dad. To me it was kinda funny cause he was so quiet and I felt that he was pretty annoyed because I was chit-chatting non-stop about stuff xD Actually, I went there specially to spent my birthday vouchers I got from my mom 4 months ago. Will expire soon. Thank God I remembered. If not, a hundred bucks just *poof!* Anyway, went to MPH. I felt like a lost sheep there. It took me about 15 minutes to find the Best-Selling section and when I got there, I noticed it was the FICTION Best-Selling section. I'm not into fiction, well... not really. Then I bumped into a section FULL of Stephen King's Best-Selling, #1 New-York Times Best-Seller, Best this, Best that... I could see that he's a REALLY good author. All thriller though. Storyline at the back of the books sound interesting but the price of his books are really expensive. Plus, I'm not sure if I'm the Stephen King material. By the way, if you're one of Stephen King's fans, did you know that he's writing love stories now? As in, romance novel. Weird huh?!

Anyway, I bought four novels at one shot for the first time! I don't usually buy books, I borrow. Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm stingy at buying books. It's because' I'm very very bad at judging a book by it's cover or even the synopsis behind! So, I borrow from friends who gave thumbs approval =D. As for today, all the books that I bought today were recommendations. I'm a little shy of borrowing now. Although I do have a few books in mind to borrow from a friend xD! I bought PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern, Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella, Message In A Bottle by Nicholas Sparks and To kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

By the way, I love love love Nicholas Sparks' novels. He makes me cry/weep/sob *sniffes* Especially A Walk To Remember and The Notebook. Actually, I watched The Notebook movie. Starring actress Rachel McAdams from Mean Girls. It was so sweeeeeeeeet. Was looking for The Notebook novel high and low but when I asked, they said they were out of stock! Probably have to wait for a month or two. *SOBS*

Oh, and guess where did I hear about To Kill A Mockingbird novel? I first heard it from Everybody Loves Raymond! So, I then did a few research here and there and found out it won a Pulitzer Prize!!! For your info, The Pulitzer Prize is an American award regarded as the highest national honor in print journalism, literary achievements, and musical compositions. It's really an honourable prize. Truly a great achivement! I heard it's basically about a child growing up in a tough neighbourhood. It's also about prejudice and injustice towards black people... something like that. I like this kind of novels. About society and true experiences. Like the movie titled Schindler's List by Steven Speilberg about holocaust. Still looking for the DVD and Novel. Okay... now I'm over-blabbering. Gah...

Oh, which reminds me... I watched this movie titled Edison recently. Told you I'm a movie-manic!!! Thanks to HBO, Cinemax, StarMovies and ignorant Malaysia towards piracy (excuuuuse me, Pak Lah!). Anyway, about the movie... It stars Morgan Freeman, Dylan McDermott (acted with Ashwarya Rai in Mistress of Spices), Kevin Spacey, LL Cool J (singer - Control Yourself ft JLo) and the oh-so-popular Justin Timberlake. Yeap, Sexy Back "hottie" acts! Remember he disappeared for a while? He started a new career, ACTING. And he's pretty good at it. The movie's about corrupted FRAT. Police officers... Justin's character is Josh, a journalist, whom plans to write about FRAT's corruption in goals of getting a Pulitzer Prize. Nice show! Catch it on Astro. It's good.




Well... I shall stop here for today. I have lotssss to write about. All the crappy ideas that popped into my mind while I was chewing crunchy chips on the couch.... COUCH POTATO! Till then... ciao!

*~*~*~*scribbles and scrams*~*~*~*

No comments: