Nuffnang

Friday, August 27, 2010

May Vanilla Overpower It

Been baking a lot lately.
Almost consecutively...
Mom's about to go berserk if I keep invading her kitchen xD
This new thing has helped me kill boredom...
And some angst...

It started off with a birthday present for my brother. Didn't know what to get him (teenage boys are difficult -.-) So I thought, why not just bake him a cake. Almost coincidentally I saw Nigella Lawson's brillant Flourless Chocolate cake on Asian Food Channel (AFC). My current guilty pleasure, till wee hours in the morning! :D

Super sweet chocolate mixture. Note to self : If it's not UNsweetened baking chocolate, NEVER put sugar, even though the recipe stated it's necessary. Western bakers have such sweet tooth I tell ya!

Since I'm such an amateur, I didn't know how to keep the parchment paper intact before filling the dish up with dough. So out came the LAUNDRY PEGS! :D (later found out you can rub butter on the dish before placing the parchment paper, sorta like glu *hides self* :x)

45 minutes later... TAADAA! This is completely FLOURLESS! Well, I didn't have any flour at that time, so I decided to try. It does look a lil burnt, but that's the best part!

Looking like a failed attempt when I flipped it over... So here's a trick (not really xD). Hide em scars with ICING! (lots of em!)

Taadaaa... Okay, not a good job either xD I have no idea how those bakeries make such SMOOTH and GLOSSY icing...! It's a pain to spread the icing!

Final product! For a person who sucks at art so so bad, I'll just pat myself on the back for not smudging everything xD The cake finished in two days. Which I'm glad, but it made me wanna make more...

So I tried Joybaking.com's recipe for Chocolate Brownies...

The recipe isn't exactly different, except I used less eggs and added flour this time. It looks more glossy...

Looks much better this time around, less parchment paper fuss. Because I found out that I only needed to put a base, and just grease the sides. Less origami nonsense :p

Soak the brownies with Chocolate Sauce (DIABETES ALERT!). And let it cool for a moment.

Serve it while is hot and when the chocolate sauce is ooozing into the brownies :D

Went craaaazyy again today, made cupcakes.
This one was a lil obligatory. Long story. Won't even bother...

Vanilla Flavoured Cupcakes

With Chocolate Flavoured Cupcakes

Burning in a really ancient oven...

These were for the boyfriend to bring home. He actually helped out pretty well :) (for a guy... :x)

A design I learned on YouTube :)








Yeah I've gone lazy on the details xD The violet colour didn't turn out very well. Looks a little icky on camera, but it looks much better in real life. I need to get a good camera. Still wishing on that DSLR I've wanted for ages. But ever since the boyfriend had one, I didn't feel it was necessary for me to get one :p But now he's leaving. And he's bringing his NEW BLACK SHINY GIRLFRIEND along with him. Pfftt...

True I've gone psycho on baking. But it's therapeutic somehow. This is now my new therapy :D

Next one : Lemon Non Bake Cheesecake!
WHOOT WHOOT!

scurries off...

Well, I haven't heard from you.
You prolly don't care anymore.
Yes, I was suppose to beep you on the moment to talk.
But I was caught up, and now it's awkward to bring it up again.
So there it's left hanging...

As for you, what were you expecting me to say?
I mean, really? What was I (suppose) to say??

No comments: