Nuffnang

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Read Em & Weep

Am really losing the constant urge to blog.
It's like, everytime I'm here, I feel the obligation to keep this running.

Been going on a book shopping spree for the past few months.
Haven't been able to read the ones I bought,
yet I'm still adding on to the tiresome list.
Bought Eat, Pray, Love recently... LIKE FINALLY!
Cause I was searching high & low for the original cover.
Thanks to Jean love, who helped me ask the counter.
I realised... I have issues with asking for help.
Like how I would protest when the boyfriend decides to ask the concierge for directions.
No wonder I'm always lost in Pyramid, never bothered to ask xD

Anyways...
So here's the list of books that have been collecting dust (& turning yellow) on my shelf.
1. Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
2. No Country For Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
3. Elizabeth : The Golden Age by Tasha Alexander
4. Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally
5. The Time Traveller's Wife by
Audrey Niffenegger
6. Sundays at Tiffany's by
James Patterson and co-author Gabrielle Charbonnet
7. Gone Baby Gone by Dennis Lehane
8. The Unquiet by John Connolly
9. The Broker by John Grisham
10. Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (NaaNaa's, I finally found it!)
11. Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult
12. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
13. The Pact by Jodi Picoult
14. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (my new addition :D)

Currently in reading : Marley & Me by John Grogan (FINALLY -.-)
The pages have turned brown :(

That's it I suppose. Not including the books I'm planning to borrow from Nutty xD
The whole Narnia collection & the entire series of Eragon!
I'm actually feeling really tempted to read the entire Twilight series as well.
Yes, I know. But I really wanna what's the big hoohaa all about :D

I have another list! Books I wanna own soooo badly!
1. Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (read)
2. The Da Vinci's Code by Dan Brown (read)
3. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
4. Eragon by Christopher Paolini
5. Eldest by Christopher Paolini
6. Brisingr by Christophre Paolini
7. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
8. The Death & Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood
9. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
10. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (read)
11. Nights In Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
12. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
13. Safe Heaven by Nicholas Sparks
(okay I want his WHOLE collection)
14. Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
15. Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult
16. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
17. Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult
(and HER WHOLE collection, in addition to the 4 I own)
18. Wicked : The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
19. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
20. The Glass Castle : A Memoir by Jeanette Walls
21. The ENTIRE Narnia Series (idk how many xD)
22. The Atonement by Ian McEwan
23. Amsterdam by Ian McEwan
23. Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
24. The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
25. The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom
26. Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
27. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
28. Catcher In the Rye by J.D Salinger
29. The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
30. Watership Down by Richard Adams
31. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
32. The Collector by John Fowles

The list goes on. I can't think of any more right now,
but I'm pretty sure I have plenty more to list down xD
The last 10 books are really really old!
So I'm really hoping MPH would have another warehouse sale.
Then, I'll be able to stock up :D
Imagine, a book can cost up to RM35.
I have say, about 35 in mind.
That would be *calculating....* a total of RM1225!
It's crazy! How on Earth is this encouraging young people to read?!

Yeah I know, receipts can be used for tax deductions.
But really, it would take YEARS for me to complete my collection.
Plus, everytime a movie adaptation comes out,
I'LL WANT THE BOOK!
This year's the WORST!
FOUR came out, and I'm sure you can see which were they *sigh*
To top it all up, I HATE HATE HATE movie poster covers...!

For example...

Gag gag PUKE PUKE PUKE -.-
So not buying the book with him on the cover.

DOUBLE TRIPLE QUADRAPLE CROSS-OUT!

Although this is indeed a juicy cover, I'm still gonna have to pass.

No movie poster covers please!
BRING BACK THE ORIGINALS! :(

So, yes.
I'm still searching.
Any clue, please holler & help me out.
DANKE!

*scurries off & burries self in books*


No comments: