Nuffnang

Friday, September 08, 2006

Relax For Today, Drain Out Tommorow

At last i can rest for today!!! Just did Geography trial about 4 hours ago. I'm feeling that i'm so gonna flunk that paper. It wasnt that difficult, but i didnt study enough. Same thing for science. Was quite easy, but i didnt study and memorize enough. Was so pissed, at myself. Could have done better. *sighs* Anyway, i shall update about what i did this week besides studying. So, my parents FINALLY decided to buy a new tv bench from IKEA. It took them months to choose a certain design and another 3 months to actually purchase it. Waiting for the price to drop they say. Cost about RM1,700. Quite expensive to us, but affordable. So we started fixing it up about a week after the purchase. It was tough i tell ya. I rather study, i know - weird. I got tonnes of splinters and bruises. The materials were so darn heavy! And it was a tough job getting it all fixed. Loads of mess too! Plus, i found a whole lot of junk!
















That's a bunch of little liquor bottles beside a Sweedish wooden doll on a tiny musical piano. I have no idea what's in between em'. I think it's a pair of porceline China shoes - weird i know.













My whole bunch of VCR cassettes. Did not have the heart to dump them. Each cost about RM29.90 each, about 5 years ago. I guess they're just priceless now. My childhood cartoons and movies are all there : Cinderella, Little Mermaid, Alladdin, Land B4 Time, Jumanji, Lion King, Tou Story, Sleeping Beauty... LOTS MORE!!! And they're mostly original. I can't imagine. I must have been a spoilt bratt. Didnt know that my parents were willing to spend so much money on cartoons for MEEE.... Aww, i feel loved! xD

So anyway, after two days of hard work. My daddy and i finally succeeded and now this is how it looks before and after.













Not a proper "before" picture though. This was 1/3 way through. Got the Tv bench set-up. And after...













After all the hard, hard work. I shall no longer insult Malaysia for not having a Home Depot (a store with many wood works and DIY furnitures) branch. I can live without it now. Don't know why i was excited about new furniture. LoL. Probably because i seldom buy new furnitures. So it was quite a big change in the living room. Haha, i'm an "average" person. Ohh, got a problem too.












The amplifier on the left hand side was a little too heavy. As you can see, the wood is a little curved down to the left and right hand side. So it's kinda arched at the Woofer's (is that how u spell it?) compartment. My dad dreaded about this for the whole day! I guess the felt a pinch in his heart........... and his pocket.

*~*~*~*scribbles and scrams*~*~*~*

No comments: