Nuffnang

Monday, December 13, 2010

That Casting Shade

Here I stand beautifully;
albeit my solemn background.

Declaration for a hiatus did not work after all.
The impulse to reach out is far too great.
Perhaps deep down I know, I'll never turn back.
And the hiatus will never come to an end.

So, I've finally psychoed DaddyDearest into putting the Christmas tree up.
Ever since we got the dog, he's been an annoying old sport.
Okay, perhaps an old fart would be far more accurate...
But that would be really crude :p
Maybe it's the whole "mid-life" crisis catching up on him.
He's been such a clean freak lately, it's infuriating.
Taking it out on the poor puppy, who can't really help but shed.
That dopey looking thing is just defenseless!
Although she does shed like a snowstorm in December...
Anyhoo, back to the whole Christmas tree "hoo haa".
Mr.Spotless has been (extremely) reluctant to put up the tree.
Just because he thinks the house would be in further mess,
and the dog would pee on it... (note: it's a bitch.)
Since April (the bitch) has been humping like any unneutered stud would...
He's somehow convinced that she would prolly take up the territorial act as well.
I'm pretty sure it was a COMPLETE excuse to debate with me.
Along with other reasons such as dust collecting, shedding glitters (accumulated with fur = Apocalypse Now in his world), dog chewing on ornaments, dog chewing on tree, dog pushing the tree over, dog chewing on light bulbs, dog this and that...
Basically, he's blaming the existence of the DOG.
He's just not used to that four-legged creature all up in his space.
And I ain't backing down on that. I like it that way :p

Well, I made a huge fuss about it.
I mean, come on, it's Christmas.
When it comes to the tree, no negotiation.
I don't attend church service anymore,
so that's the closest to Christmas I can get.
Without a tree, it wouldn't feel like Christmas to me.
And Christmas is a HUGE DEAL! For me at least...
It's my favorite season of the year :)
So, I threw a tantrum, like an annoying 3-year-old would.
"FINE! No tree, no Christmas, I might as well not celebrate it. I won't be getting presents then. Cancel the Christmas eve dinner. What's the point? FINE!" *pout pout pout*
He gave in.
I have come to a conclusion.
The only way for me to get to him,
is to act like the little girl, that he has missed so much.
All that pointless mature act should be out the door!
Christmas, once again, made me feel like a kid again.
In every way possible.
But I guess my dad would be the last person to complain :p
Maybe next time when I'm heading out at night, and he protests,
this newly discovered secret "weapon" should come in handy :D

I need to go Chirstmas shopping, ASAP!
I've only bought presents for the two annoying pipsqueaks.
And another a custom made gift, on it's long journey,
oh I hope it arrives soon, if ever.
The boyf's present is only 10% complete.
Yes, I've settled for a handmade gift again, because idk what to get.
Google gave me plenty of unaffordable results that gave me a tiny cardiac arrest, and a funny constricting feeling down my pocket.
Not that I'm frugal or anything like that, but seriously...
I'm barely surviving since I have four other people to buy for.
*butterflies fluttering out of purse*
So I shall throw my unartistic self into an unusual world of coloured papers & scissors.
Really, for a girl, I suck at art so bad, it's mortifying xD
But thankfully, most of my efforts do not bawl eyes, which is a great success :D

12 days to Christmas!
I'm excited.
It'll be different, and quieter no doubt.
But hey, it's Christmas.
Don't let the spirit die down.

On another note...
Happy 1year & 7months :)
Wow, time really does fly eh?
As the clock ticks, it gets tougher.
Spending time apart feels like swimming in the middle of the ocean.
Exciting at first, as the adrenaline kicks in...
Eventually it just feels like a fight for survival.
As exhaustion washes through, the anticipation of sinking sets in.
I want to stay afloat, with you.
But I want you to know...
It ain't easy.
It really isn't.

No comments: