Nuffnang

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Sleigh's Leaving The Roof

Merry Christmas Ya'll!!! Did Santa fill your sock with plenty of hohoho's this year?? GOSH! I've gotta stop saying that! I've been saying that non-stop for the past 2 days, it's starting to annoy me... Anyway, Christmas wasn't as good as I expected this year. It was quite meaningless because we didn't go to church. So christmas wasn't exactly Christmas with the capital "C". We celebrated at my aunt's house in USJ as usual. I wasn't really enjoying myself because there wasn't anyone suitable to talk to. My cousin had her boyfriend over, so I didn't wanna "lamp-post" between them. Plus, she was busy watching over her new Shi-tzu puppy named Hazel, who's so so so cute! Damn, which reminds me, I forgot to take a picture! Anyway, my uncle's white friend and his wife didn't come this year. I had fun talking to them last year, they were so funny and entertaining till' I sat with them and a bunch of adults instead of my cousins. So, that was missing. My other cousin and his wife wasn't invited this year. I click easily with that cousin because of my interest in football, he's another football fanatic. The funny part is, they weren't invited because my aunt thinks that they always turn her invitation down. Erm, the fact is, she seldom invites them. Or maybe there's another personal reason.

Anywaaaay, so I didn't talk much, which was so agonizing because I NEEDED to talk. Instead, I drank lots of cheap red wine at a corner watching my parents barbeque-ing which was a funny sight because we don't have a barbeque pit. And then my political uncle came by talking about politics and flooding issues which I didn't quite mind because I desperately needed to talk to someone. Actually, there were a few 'second' cousins around. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't being anti-social or anything like that, I love socializing. BUT the things that they talk about and the topics they find funny and even the jokes they crack up leaves me sitting there stunned with crickets in my head, you know that *twit twit*. Anyway, I had a couple of refills throughout the night. I didn't even care about the fact that the wine doesn't taste good, I just needed some alcohol that night. So, time ticked by... Hour by hour... I finally gave in and joined crowd. Had a couple of laughs and a couple of stunned silence. Then the KIDS came down to open their presents when it's 2 hours before the clock struck 12. Kids were cheering in excitment, snatching each other's toys and running around the house, SCARING Hazel (the dog) and ME!!! So, I HAD to grab another refill of wine. Then my cousin noticed that it was no joke that I really WANTED to drink. People started asking me if I was still sane and conscious, especially my dad, which eventually annoyed me. I don't remember getting drunk, but I do remember feeling giddy and was having a hard time fumbling for the car's door handle. And I sure remember my dad saying I was flushed and was testing me like a traffic police.

In the end we went home at 12, earlier every year. We opened our presents at home. Got some pretty stuff this year. Mostly bags. At least I didn't get anything childish like a Barbie doll pencil case last year, which made me laugh my freaking ass off all the way to bed. The best part, my parents gave me a Patrick plushie that I've been trying to buy for months!!! Everytime I wanted to stop by a shop to actually purchase it, they rush me off, saying it's silly for me to buy a "soft toy". Thankfully, they ended up buying it for me. Love it! I actually GAVE my brother all my Poke'mon cards, which were in the cupboard collecting dust. Well, not exactly all... I took out the hollow cards xD What? My brother isn't exactly a 'responsible' boy, at least not yet. As for my youngest brother, that poor thing... He's presents were a bunch of stationaries like pencil cases, crayons, colouring book... Not a single toy for him. While his older brother received a Bionicle. Justin, my youngest brother, was like "I don't like this... I want this... and that... and that..." looking all cute and emo at the toys. Poor thing!! I mean, he's only 4 years old. They should be getting him toys and not school stuff. Oh well, thankfully my parents bought him a bunch of HotWheels which made him hysterically happy. LoL. So, all is good. Could have been BETTER though. Well, next year then. We'll try and host our own party with lots and lots and LOTS of WINE!!! I guess tomorrow I'll write about what we did on Christmas day itself. Which also reminds me that PMR results are two days away. *Gulps*

*~*~*~*scribbles and scrams*~*~*~*

No comments: