Nuffnang

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Those Big White Walls

James Morrison - Under the Influence

Bah. I feel so sleepy yet soooo reluctant to sleep at the same time.
I finally satisfied my addictions!!
Went out for a movie with Jean yesterday.
Watched The Chronicles of Narnia:Prince Caspian @ Pavilion, KL.


Goodness me, it's friggin POSH over there.
Everything is GORGEOUS aaaaaaaaaaannnnndddd expensive.
Felt so intimidated there. My heart practically skipped a beat when I saw a Juicy Couture store!
Wanted have a "look-see-look-see" but I felt so... I don't know what you call it, but I didn't dare to push open those glass doors. Yes, there were doors to push open.
Practically just went there to cuci mata xD

There was some TVB occasion. No idea what exactly cause I couldn't understand mandarin. Being typical Malaysians, these people sat at the stairs in the middle of everyones way. Typical.

Now, about Narnia... *swoon* Prince Caspian the hottie :)

Ben Barnes with his sexy British accent and classic 'medieval' looks

Two thumbs up for this sequel
Much much much better than the previous one. Mainly because their acting skills have improved to a really high scale. The storyline was fantastic. The costumes were SUPERB. The characters were shooo cute! Especially the warrior mouse.
I don't know why I've never had the kick to buy and read the whole set of Chronicles of Narnia, by CS Lewis, when it was a major hit about 5 years ago. Now I regret. These books are twice as expensive as before because of the major motion picture.
Anyway, bottom line is, great movie. Definitely worth waiting in line surrounded by bratty kids, not that I did but Good Luck :D

Headed over to TGIF for lunch with Jean
Mannn... I can't food blog. Cause I tend to dive straight into eating before I can even think about snapping pictures...
I think we sat there for about 2 hours, chit-chatting non stop. Really enjoyed it :)
BUT, when the bill came, it shocked us off our seat! Totally off budget. Mind you, I'm saving for a laptop =p

The trip home was again an adventure. Any trip home by public transportation with Jean IS AN ADVENTURE xD
We had some trouble looking for the monorail because of limited help.
Thankfully a receptionist was sooooo polite and fluent in english gave us easy directions.
Well, we got a little lost too cause we didn't know -how to get over to the other side-
But we managed to find our way. It was a lil freaky because people couldn't stop staring.
The station was just across the road down by Bukit Bintang.
Dayemm... Now I know where all the hit clubs are ;) aaaaand Starhill! Jogoya here I come!
Bukit Bintang road was indeed really really busy. Bumped into this...

Being a typical Malaysian :D I was curious about the bunch of people crowding around a bank.
Apparently these teenagers lepak here for no reason whatsoever. I heard it was in the newspaper, but never thought that it was serious and such a huge number of people. What a useless way to waste your time. Might as well walk around Pavilion and cuci mata.
Jean started saying out loud "Hindraf! Hindraf!" Thank God no one heard her political remark. God knows what might happen. Heyy, we're some town kids in Bukit Bintang, known for being really rowdy, so yeah, of course I was a tad scared.
Reached home safely, thankfully. Gosh, I can't wait to drive! Bukit Bintang is gonna be my regular hangout spot the minute I get my driver's license. Teehee!

As for today... *drum rolls*
This is, hands down, the movie of the year!

Went over to Cineleisure with Nutty, Sammie, JunHsien, Jerrard, Shaun, Nicholas, Bob, Zhuo Li, ChienLung, ZhenMing, RuiWei. Yeap all 12 of us. We took the whole row of seats.
Thankfully our seats were just right, leveled to the screen. Spared my neck from aches.
I loveloveloved the movie. It was sooooooooo coool! I'm not a super-hero manic kind of person, buuuut... Iron Man is now my favorite superhero!
Step aside Spiderman, Batman, Superman, whatever Men in underwear... Here comes the new MAN OF STEEL.

HOT ROD

I can't remember how many times I actually chanted "ohh that's soo cool! mannn that's so cool! daaammnn that's soooo cool!" So yeah, the movie's cool!

What makes the movie better and ten times more tasty? Robert Downey Jr. behind the titanium alloy!!

McSteamy of Steels

Yeah... I know I know... He's 43 years OLD. But he gives me heart throbs. I don't know why! I just find his 'bad boy' image so so so appealing!
Short fact : He was sentenced to jail for drug abuse and went in and out of rehab a couple of times before. He's now totally clean and had been hunted by most producers ever since his newfound sobriety.
He can even sing! Released a small album a couple of years ago. I saw it on Oprah. Yes, I watch Oprah occasionally. But I prefer Ellen DeGeneres, hands down!

After the movie, all the guys went over to Tropicana for "swimming". I can't imagine the whole bunch of them, WET in a pool.
Nutty and I went shopping after that. Not that we bought anything, but tried on lots of clothes.
I realised that our taste is about the same :) Aaandd our indecisive habit!
I think we roamed around Curve for 15 minutes and couldn't decide where to eat.
I was low on cash and Nutty had too much to spend xD
Ended up we settled @ O'Brien's. Whenever you feel like eating sandwiches, just head over to O'Brien's. Simple and tasty :D

"The JNJ Club"

I have no idea why they call it the JNJ (junhsien, nick, jerrard)
JunHsien : I'm planning to have a club. You know... like a sorority...
*coughs-multiple-coughs*
sorority - a group of women band together under a greek letter title
yeaaa suuureee, junhsien... form a sorority! xD
Oh gosh. I may get kicked out of the club by President Nick. The next thing I know, I'll get a formal letter of dismissal. Geeez... *scurries off*

*~*~*~*scribbles and scrams*~*~*~*

No comments: