Nuffnang

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Here I Stand, Overlooking

I have a question.
What do you do when you find out
that you'll be stuck here, in this damned place?
Do you flee?
Do you surrender?
Or do you just plunge yourself into the sea,
hoping it'll drift you to a better place.

I feel silly for hoping that I'll ever leave.
Should have known that it has been predetermined,
that I'll be stuck right here.

For the very least, give me my freedom.
Being stuck here is a misfortune,
sentenced without mercy.

If only I had someone to blame.
But luck's the culprit.
It's so darn difficult to get financial aid in this god damned country!
The country that's gonna throw away billions of dollars,
on bloody BUILDINGS!

I ask myself,
what's the point of all the years of hardwork?
When it all comes down to nothing...

It makes me yearn to leave this place,
even more,
every single day.


3 comments:

Mun Wai said...

Life?
Screw it.
All we can do is hope for the best?

Elyse Kymberly said...

Don't worry steph. Everything will be okay :)

| stephay | said...

MW : Heh. I'm tired of hoping. Hope fails me.

Elyse : Yeah? I hope so.