Nuffnang

Friday, February 15, 2008

Down That Rusty Road

Leo Sayer - When I Need You

Shugar... Oh, honeh honeh...

bah, I'm so late in wishing ya'll a Happy Valentine's Day! Been busy yesterday. Now I'm so washed up! According to JJ&Rudy, it was S.A.D yesterday. Singles Awareness Day, when every single realises that he or she is..... SINGLE. lol I just love the way they try to cheer the singles up but in a way they are miserably reminding us that we're single xD

Shweet Davi gave this pretty lil muffin. It was so cute till I couldn't bear to munch on it. But I did anyway ;)


That's the result of continuous volleyball training. Thankfully no training today, finally a break! And Thank God I'm kinda tan, so it ain't that obvious. How on earth am I gonna go out, I look like an abused victim!

Yesterday's BM drama went on smoothly. Everyone gave in their best and that's the most important part. Vinser got most of the attention though! He's been flying on Cloud 99! Mr Perasan...

Josiah Lemming (with a sexy british-accent)

Aww!! Josiah didn't make it to the top 24 on American Idol. I totally fell in love with his blue eyes and his sexy british accent. He basically lives in his car like a homeless guy, but he ain't exactly homeless. Damn, it's such a waste that he didn't make it. He performed Grace Kelly by Mika (if I'm not mistaken) during Hollywood week. Weird choice, I know, but he pulled it off perfectly! But he got over confident and screwed up the next audition by singing Stand By Me in acapella. Over-confidence took over him. Gah!! I still think it's such a waste he didn't make it. Hopefully he manages to come out into the music industry on his own. Will definitely anticipate him!

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#

Now, I shall write about my CNY. Somehow, this year's CNY seem so different. Didn't feel as excited as before. Prolly because I have passed that kiddy stage. But it's a totally different story during Christmas. Funny...



My noble uncle took an effort to encourage multi-racial celebration. So, he celebrated Deepavali with CNY. No... I'm kidding. He just wanted to outdo his neighbour with all those glaring colourful lights!

le gasp* he wasn't the only one!!! houses all over Penang are decorate with glimmering lights!!

Sungai Bakap, Seberang Perai

Went to visit my dad's old hometown in Sungai Bakap on our last day in Penang. At least 3 families stayed in one unit. There are about 3 to 4 units in total. Each family had at least 6 children. Can you imagine??

Even the entrance was so chinese-y

This was where my dad slept with 7 of his siblings together with my grandparents. Yes, it did fit them all.

Yeap. The Kee Tradition :)

My one-eyed great-great-grandfather, Kee Teik Phang, from China.

My great-grandfather, Kee Ban Yam.

My grandfather who loves watching Discovery and National Geography

My dad with another generation of annoying Kee's, hoping to continue the blood-line xD

No idea who. I guess they're my ancestors or great great uncles.

Ancient chairs on a really ancient floor.

The place is filled with priceless antiques...


It's a scroll of names of my ancestors from China all the way down to my great-grand fathers name. Seriously priceless...

Really old bottle of medicine. Guarantee to kick you sky high with a single dosage.

Take a look at the description. The clinic's phone number only consist of 4 numbers (No.3143). At my dad's time in the 60s there were 6 numbers. Imagine how old this bottle of medicine is.

It was definitely a walk of reminiscence for both my dad and my grandfather, on the land where times were harsh but worries still seem so miniscule.

All things come to an end. I don't have any pictures of my family reunion dinner cause they were not the type who would actually allow you to snap snap. They were all busy gambling to bother actually, so there was not much to take.


The trip home was as long as ever. 3 and a half hours drive, under the freaking hot weather! By the way, do you see that black spot? I tried cleaning my camera lens but that spot won't freaking come off!! Any idea, photography experts out there??


I prefer it so much better when my brother's asleep. He's much more adorable that way. And I can annoy him in return xD


Bwahahahaha.... It's pay back time!!!

A notice of beware. I just got flashed through webcam by a guy by the name of Michael. His address is michael007@live.com.my. Sick sick sick fella. Wouldn't wanna know what he did on his webcam. I was naive enough to think it was my old primary school friend. Told me that I'll recognise him through cam when I asked him to identify himself. I was stupid enough to fall for that. So beware, girls. Unless, this kinda stuff turns you on... I have nothing left to say *gag-gag-puke-puke* What's wrong with guys nowadays???

Toodles~

*~*~*~*scribbles and scrams*~*~*~*

No comments: