Nuffnang

Sunday, February 14, 2010

To A Purrr-fect Year Ahead

Roar! Roar! :D
Happy Chinese New Year everyone!

And of course...
Happy Valentine's Day!

Just came back from a family lunch with my
naima. She used to babysit me since I was a little toddler, and my family known her for more than a decade now. She was so persistent to dig me outta the house because she's thinks it's "not right" to be alone on Chinese New Year. Even Bel's mom insisted that I go over for dinner because she thinks I SHOULDN'T be home alone. Seems like it's a big NO NO for the Chinese folks to be home alone, without your family during CNY. Scary, but it's a lovely thought :) Anyhoo, I do feel a pinch of regret for not going home with my family. Called PapaBear and MummyDearest last night to wish them, then I felt a rush of regret. When I asked to send my regards to everyone there, they replied, and I could hear them cheering back through the phone. That made me feel even worse! I miss everyone. I miss the gambling session, the gossiping in Hokkien, the GOOD GOOD DAMN GOOD FOOD, the illegal fireworks... Sigh, everything! This sacrifice better be worth it. To top it all up, I've barely started with my studies. Schedule was a little disrupted. So yeah. Gotta start kicking myself in the butt. Or not, those sacrifice would be all for NOTHING.

Sigh. Baby is flying off to Korea today. Blurr piggy, mixed up his flight schedule and thought it was yesterday evening. Bleh. We could have spent yesterday celebrating our 9th monthlyversary. Like OMG. It's been 9 months! Time flies by so fast, it's scary! But I'm so glad things are working out just fine. More than fine actually. I'm so swept off my feet till sometimes I have to pinch myself to pull me back to reality. Feeling sore about him leaving for a week, and because I'm alone here. So thinking that in about 6 months time, we'll be apart for years. I don't know if I can handle that since he hasn't left and I'm already missing him.

Well at least I have this lil furry buddy, that baby gave me, to keep me company :D

Koala because he used to call me that ALL THE TIME before we got together, and look, TY his initials! Though he didn't take notice of the initial thingy...

So, anyway, I've been distracting myself with BAKING!

Fingers were crossed the entire time cause' the OLD oven ain't exactly reliable :s

Chandler BING BING BING! :p

This is the second batch. first one didn't turn out so well. Forgot to add sugar xD and it looked like muffins!

The toughest part!!! ICING!

So frustrating. But I'm so glad it turned out okay. For a person who sucks at art so badly, I would consider this an achievement :D (self-encouragement).

And been spending lots of time experimenting on cooking as well :D
Had a huge success with lunch. Well sorta...

Mushroom Bacon Cream

It's rather easy to make, and I'm suprised how elaborate it tasted. The mixture of flavours from the white button mushroom and the bacon really blended so well. And the onions made it sweet :D

Served it with grilled Ikan Kurau.

Okay you can't really see the fish because I totally flooded it with CREAM :D I call it an ALMOST huge success because it tasted good, but better suited as a Carbonara base. Baby thinks so too. He said it would be great with spaghetti and I should challenge Ms Read's Delicious. I'm pretty sure he's just saying that to make me happy. That's what they always do T.T

Last night's dinner was quite a disaster. My chicken chop didn't turn out so well because it was so darn hard to cook. So I had to recook it twice, and by the end of it I was so hungry till I lost my appetite. Tonight I'll be heading over to naima's again for dinner. She's so persistent! So, tomorrow I shall take a shot on my Mushroom Bacon Carbonara :D Hee!

Looks like my plan to prevent myself from putting on weight has FAILED terribly... :p

Hi-Paw everyone :) Have a wonderful year ahead! PURRRR....


Another major celebration has come,
and that piece of puzzle is still missing...
To that missing puzzle,
wish you lots of happiness,
from the deepest edge of my heart :)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It`s out of the question.
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online hvp