Nuffnang

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Feeling Alien

A new beginning. Well... Sort of. Same place, same environment, almost similar routine... But it feels so foreign. Going back to Sunway is making me very VERY "homesick". I miss the familiar faces I've spent time with from 8.30am to 4.30pm every single day. And for the final 2 months, we spent time till 9.30pm. I miss all that. I miss everyone from A Levels! Occasionally I see others in their image. I would label them in my head, as look-a-likes. I keep thinking I've bumped into them, then realised it's not them!

Most of all, I keep seeing guys who look like the BF. On Tuesday I saw someone who carries his sling bag the exact way the BF those. Slightly tilted to the side. And it was an almost similar leather bag. Today, I saw someone with his hairstyle coming out from the elevator, with similar glasses! I jolted. Bet the guy thought I was checking him out xD And I heard someone speaking in the hallway, just like the way he would. But it wasn't him. God, I miss him so much. It has only been four days! I can't imagine how I can ever go through with the next 5 months! Is it ever gonna get ANY easier? I really do hope so...!

He manged to get a SIM card there... Been calling me every night since. Would only cost about RM6 per hour. Well, he thinks it's pretty cheap. So I have no complaints... Actually, I do... We're 2 and a half hours ahead of India. And he can only call at night. Which means I'll be more sleep deprived by the end of these 2 years! Kinda xD And, the idle time between is kinda annoying. It takes about a second or two for the wave to transmit. So sometimes our speech clashes. Or I'll have to wait a while for his respond to my cynical remarks. He takes long enough already without that problem :p But I guess I should be thankful that he doesn't mind spending the money to chat with me. However... I've been feeling groggy all day because I slept late. And my dog had to dig me up at 7 for an early walk! PFFFTT...! He has yet to sign up for an internet connection -.- which is killing me! Coz it would be so much easier to chat on Skype, with the webcam. But noooo... He's taking his SWEET time with it :x

Note : Day 4 of LDR and Stephay is already ranting her head off!
Prediction : Therapy needed by the end of September...

Putting that aside... I started uni on Tuesday. I have an extremely quiet class! Like, pin drop silence :/ It got better today... Spoke to some of them. But I'm tired of initiating an introduction... No one bothered to introduce themselves to me. And I'm starting to come off as obnoxious (I think...) because I'm talking too much? IDK. It's just aggravating! Mom says, "Give it some time... They're still adjusting to the new environment; observing around. Whereas you are already familiar with all that..." I really hope she's right. If this lasts for 2 years and a half, I might actually forget how to socialize! Okay, I might have exaggerated on that :p I think the A Levels people have left behind a high expectation. I guess deep down inside, I was hoping to find similar people to patch up the missing people. But I've come to realise, it'll never be possible. No one can ever replace them. They were all such unique individuals. I wish A Levels could have been prolonged. The people made studying so much easier. Now that it has ended, a hole was left behind.

Nevertheless, I'm gonna treasure the good memories! There were countless good & bad times. All worth reminiscing everyday :) I've gotta make the best outta what I have now. Hopefully my classmates will open up more, soon. Cause I'm starting to feel rather lonely in class. The student council and society fair hasn't opened up yet. Probably next year... Which is waaaay too long! I need to keep myself socially busy, or my uni life would be DULL! And it'll be pathetic to have a better college life than uni life lol.

Reminder : PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE! PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE! PATIENCE IS A FUCKING VIRTUE!

toodles :D

1 comment:

Mun Wai said...

Hang on in there! LDR works! And you both are gonna be the living evidence for LDR!