Nuffnang

Sunday, September 12, 2010

How Far Is Too Far?


Watched 'Going the Distance' with the bf today...
A really funny movie with lots of memorable punchlines.
And very insightful as well, for us.

Quote : "We can't keep seeing each other every 3 months, that's not a relationship..."

Which is quite true unfortunately. It gets really hard, especially when we've been spending every weekday together for the past year and a half. It would feel very odd when he's not around. Indeed missing my other half... Will I ever feel whole again?

Who's gonna wait for me to arrive at the car park?
Who's gonna have McD's breakfast with me?
Who's gonna enjoy Japanese food as much as I do?
Who's gonna call me till' wee hours in the morning?
Who am I gonna pinch to wake him up from falling asleep?
Whose shoulders am I gonna lean on?
Whose arms are gonna wrap around me when I'm freezing?
Who's gonna offer a hand when I'm on the verge of tripping off the stairs?
(happens often enough :/)
Most of all, who's gonna give me that warm and loving hug that I adore so much?

If we've just met, and decided to make this exclusive, it might be easier. That's because we're not in that deep yet. And being apart is part of knowing each other, at a safe distance. Now that we are in so deep, and we're so used to having each other around, it's gonna be tough as hell. I do hope the distance will only make our hearts grow fonder, rather than pushing us apart.

The bf kept repeating "Fuck the distance!" (from the movie), as an effort to convince me that everything will be okay. But I can't help but feel doubtful and wary. I've become so dependent on him, I think it's gonna feel like I lost an arm! Or an organ! :s (worst case scenario)

He's leaving in a week, exactly! Next Sunday. Hmm... I hope my tear ducts are clogged. Cause I would really feel silly to shed some tears, then again, it would be cold if I didn't. Well, it's outta my hands anyway. Six friggin months! How the hell am I gonna get through this?

I think I would die if Skype didn't exist.

Like literally...

7 days exactly
but only 2 nights and one more day to spend time with him...

and counting DOWN...


No comments: