Nuffnang

Saturday, September 11, 2010

In Spite of All That


So I just realised how I've replaced my "essay" style of writing with lots of photos lately... Felt a little constrained of opinions ever since the recent incident. And I've had the urge to blog several times before this, but somehow as I click 'new post' and dig my thoughts, the urge fades away. And as I'm typing now, that sense of reluctance is resurfacing...

Can't wait to start uni. The amount of free time I have right now is pushing me towards, what they would call, an "unhealthy lifestyle". Been drinking too much beer. Ugh, if only beer is made without the revolting gas... And the effect becomes less and less prominent. Need a large amount to get that numb kick that drove me to drink in the first place. Nevertheless I enjoyed the past two nights out with the bunch.

Wednesday - Victoria Station then G6 @ Gardens, Mid Valley
G6 is a great place to hangout at. The band is terrific. One of them could actually channel Shaggy's voice. AMAZING! And they sang club-mix songs that I never thought possible without digitizing xD

Thursday - Pantai Seafood then Beer Factory @ Sunway Giza
Don't quite fancy Beer Factory... Partly cause we didn't get a good place to sit. But mainly, the music sucks. They played Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift! Not the kinda genre you wanna hear when you're sipping on beer, I would say... But there's Movida nearby, that looks much better...

The reason why I had quite a blast ain't exactly right, I think I better not mention. But then it made me realise why I was rather unhappy before this. It sucks to know that I'm not a priority. It hurts, even when I'm unconscious or when I just wanna shove that thought towards the dark alley at the back of your mind. So it's nice to know that my presence matters, for a change. Though some friends may not be as close, but does it really matter when I'm having such a great time? In fact, the close ones bring more pain sometimes... So I guess I gotta NOT try so hard to get too close with a friend, and expect the same in return. Because sometimes it just doesn't work that way... And when it matters too much, it can be rather unbearable...

Quote : Just close an eye, and things will be less complicated
I should definitely practice that...

The bf would constantly remind me that meeting a friend whom you can totally count on and you can totally be yourself with, is like finding your true love. It's a gem, rare and you gotta be at the right place at the right place. Some would say, you make it your true love...

Quote : We fight for the chosen ones and make them the right ones.

But it doesn't quite work that way, at least for me it doesn't.... The more I try to make it right, the deeper it gets, as it heads towards the inevitable. I'm gonna have to start afresh come the following Monday. I'm gonna meet new people, fresh faces and hopefully a higher probability of finding that darn gem xD But I gotta say, I am afraid. It's new. And well, I do feel freaked out. I always had friends when I moved from primary school to secondary school, and from secondary school to college. In fact I met sooo many old friends in college, I was overwhelmed. But now that I'm gonna start off at a place where I do not have a familiar face to cower behind... Boy, would that be a challenge...!

Nevertheless I gotta say that I'm glad that some of you stuck by albeit the inevitable drama, Jean and Mun Wai in particular. I'm afraid I can't guarantee that whatever happened would be our last. Cause we're down that road where it's our occasional routine? Haha. Let's just hope that's the worst that could happen :)

So this would be sorta like a 'New Year's Resolution'... I'll make an early one :D
To take things lightly.
To not dwell in the unnecessary.
To have an open mind.
To expect nothing.
To just have fun without getting too personal.
Okay, that's FIVE early resolutions xD

Cheers to a fresh new start for everyone else as well. May our uni life be a blast!

No comments: