Nuffnang

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Old Wounds Resurface

He's back.
And I'm freaking out.

I thought you'll be gone, for good.
Or even if you're back,
thought you would be smart enough to keep it low...
For both our sakes.
Unsure & rather reluctant to meet you.
Because I know it'll head down that road once again...
And why did you have to come back now?
Of all times, when I'm most vulnerable.
Feels like life's shitting on me, like seriously!
I wish I could pack you in a box,
and ship you back to the mountains of Switzerland.
And pray real hard, you'll never come back.
I wanna disappear from your sight.
But that would make me a coward,
and that would just prove that I'm not over you.
Maybe I am not.
But what matters most, is I WANT to be over you.
And I'll strive my hardest to achieve that...
Because I am happy now.
I found my better half...
And I'm not willing to fall to pieces again.
Not now, and NOT for you.


Maybe I'm thinking too much...
Maybe he's not back for that reason...
And maybe he just wants peace...
But as I hear the whisper of his name,
my wound throbs with discomfort.
And I'm spun back in time.
Back when times were dark and twisted.
Times when I've done things I'm not proud of.
And the worst part is, it was all for him.
I'm freaking out, and I wanna escape.
How do you erase a memory that has been haunting you for years?
One that you've tried so hard to hide beneath the covers?
It resurfaces in a blink of an eye.
I'm in such good progress, and you have to ruin it...

I shouldn't meet you.
I really shouldn't.
But somehow I know, that's inevitable.
As you always have been....
INEVITABLE.

TY, I really need you now...
But how do I tell you,

I'm haunted by the past,

that I said I've forgotten...?

& you're so far away...



No comments: