Nuffnang

Friday, September 05, 2008

The Pain Behind Sejarah

Citizen Cope - Let the Drummer Kick It

Do you know the difference between a Saidina and a Kalifah??
Does Khalid al-Walid or Abu Suffian ring a bell?
Or maybe al-Arqam?
Hmm... how about Abu Talib?
Yes, yes I have a point to make...

Please someone tell me, how on earth can I memorize all those names??
Seriously... I don't even see the purpose of it.
Geez... Been studying Sejarah non stop for the pass few days, and it's killing me.
I know this would sound like a total bullshit...
But I actually DO NOT mind learning Sejarah...
BUT!!
All these Islamic history is really jamming an aneurysm in my brain!
And I bet a million bucks, I do not stand alone on this!

Funny thing is... I got pretty excited when I got to the last chapter of Form 5 Sejarah
after seeing the header Perang Dunia Pertama and Perang Dunia Kedua...
Finally! Some world history...
BUT nooooo... to my outmost disappointment...
YES OUTMOST...
It's only 6 pages SHORT!
Both World War I and II, all crammed up in 6 friggin pages...
Like... hellooooooo?!

There's even the Cold War...
In 2 pages!!!
Double hellooooo??
And all the Islamic history?
FOUR long and excruciating chapters x|

Seriously...
I wanna learn about WORLD history... Not just...
Nevermind... wouldn't wanna get all racist like how our politicians are nowadays...
I wanna know more about Julius Caesar...
Or Christopher Columbus
Or more about Gandhi, he was mentioned so much but yet so little information about him.
There's Cleopetra, King Henry, the great Queen Elizabeth, the Civil War (okay, maybe that's US history)
Or maybe, Genghis Khan??? Or or... Martin Luther King!

Well, you get my point.
Really frustrated about our education system.
It's so one-sided.

Hmph. Bleak.

*~*~*~*scribbles and scrams*~*~*~*

No comments: