Nuffnang

Thursday, October 02, 2008

At The End Of That Tunnel

Snow Patrol - It's Beginning To Get To Me

So I've been thinkin a lot lately...
None of which has anything to do with studying :P
I'm actually more freaked out over what'll happen AFTER high school
than sitting for Ass Pee Am itself...
Seriously, what on Earth am I gonna do after studying?
At first I was so determined to go into Medicine.
I'm not afraid of blood, in fact, am very fascinated by it...
Been dreaming to become a cardiothoracic surgeon or a neurosurgeon.

Yeah, I can imagine myself scrubbing in for a 5hrs of grueling surgery....

So, let me break it down...
First, a minimum of one and a half years of Pre-U A-Levels
Then, take a 6 years journey towards a Medical Degree.
After that, another 2-3 years MINIMUM to specialize in surgery...
And that's YET to become the two most sort after surgeons, brain & heart.
I'm not even gonna mention about the total cost.
We're speaking of millions here...
Hah, well... Some dreams are meant to remain a dream...
But but... still pondering... really hard on it :S

So, what's left?
Pharmacist?


Seriously, I think it's a waste to do so many years and you're just a pharmacist.
And you can't even prescribe to a patient, only recommend.
Not that I look down on any of em, I salute em for going through all the years to be under-rated in the end...
*strike out*

Veterinarian?

Oh sure... Why not?? I have thought of it...
You're practically surrounded by cute innocent animals most of the time.
It's a pretty blissful job...
And you don't have to hear all those moaning and groaning when you stick a needle in your patients...
Sad to say, most doctors don't think veterinarian is a "real practitioner".
It's mentioned a couple of times in Grey's Anatomy and, if I'm not mistaken, also in House MD.
Almost like a pharmacist... After all the years, you're still much lower than a human doctor.
*scribble scribble*

What other sciences?
Chemist?

Future KongZhuoLi

Hah. I can't survive chemistry for crying out loud.
So that strikes out the single option, needless to say more.
*double strike out*

Astronomer?

Ugh... Honestly, it'll take me more than 10 minutes to name all the 9 planets in our galaxy...
Or are there 10 now?
See, I have no idea.
*crumples the idea*

Engineering?


No doubt, I have thought about it.
I pretty much enjoy Physics... but don't major in it.
And I don't find myself going all craze for legos and stuff.
Ain't exactly my thing...
*semi strike out*

Pilot?

Hottie aviator ;)

This one, I have once fantasized of flying a plane.
And since my dad's an aircraft technician, I basically gained quite a handful of knowledge about airplanes...
But ever since I found out that the main requirements of a pilot are : perfect 20-20 vision and tall.
Nuff' said. I have failed the first two requirements.
I'm blind (well almost xD) and vertically challenged.
Yeah yeah, there's such thing as laser surgery bla bla...
BUT THERE'S STILL THE HEIGHT THING *pouts*
*sniffes*strike out*

Okay, let's skip the rest of the jobs related to science...
Let's go on to the non-science related jobs that has everything to do with...

MONEY


Blood sucking Lawyers?

Gee, who let the poodle out? Woof woof woof!

First question, do you enjoy Sejarah?
Pretty much settles it right?
But no, it isn't ENTIRELY dependent on Sejarah.
Doesn't mean you don't to excel in it, but well, it has lots to do with hard core politics too...
"Mummy always say, to live a life of the purest heart, never get these two jobs : politician and lawyer"
You need to be an excellent liar...
And fight your ass off in court.
Not a world that I'll be able to survive in...
I'm not stone cold enough...
*strike out*

Accountant or financial adviser?

Future MeiShan

Three words... MONEY MONEY MONEY.
And loads and loads of NUMBERS...
I love Maths...
But to spend the whole of my career life behind a desk... No thank you!
I'm the type who needs to be UP and RUNNING.
I can't spend my time late till' 2.30am, busy jamming my fingers against the calculator.
It'll be a dread to me...
*strike out*

Ahah! Businessman or woman?


I remember swearing that I'll never get into business..
Don't know why exactly... Just never wanted to look into that field.
But people keep telling me I should go into business...
Frankly speaking, I know nuts about this field.
I don't even know what's going on with the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy.
Okay, maybe that's just because I don't read the newspaper.
But looking at the economy out there, maybe this could be a field to excel in...
*adds on list*

Last but not least, anything that has to do with Hospitality...
There's ze Chef?

Future ChienLung

Oh I wish I wish I wish...
I'm so passionate about food but not gifted with a talent to invent those lavishing flavours...
If only I am, this is the field I'm 100% sure I'll be into.
Been having this CRAZY dream of opening a restaurant in Paris.
Right where you can see the Eiffel Tower...
Ahh... Romantico!
*coughs coughs*
Yes, I do fantasize A LOT :D

I was interviewed by a Chef at Taylor's last Saturday.
One of his question was why don't I pick Culinary Arts instead (something like that).
Then I just answered that I have the passion in food but lack of the God given talent.
He simply cut in, and guess what he said?
"You mean you only have the passion in EATING the food?"
Ouch ouch. I got burned... It's not like I'm a doubleXL!
I couldn't help but laughed at his coment xD

So that's why I thought of Hotel Management...


No not BELLBOY xD
*ahems* My tips, Sir?

This is where reality kicks in.
More of what I'm capable of doing.
The cost of studying, not too bad.
With scholarships available, it's very affordable.
You get to do industrial training in FRANCE if you take the course from Taylors! *screams*
And this field require a LOT of people skills.
So it's basically a skill-based job.
Unlike those conventional jobs that requires lot of books books books.
This field is all about industrial training and experience.
One which I think I can go far in.
And think about all the beautiful and fancy 5-star hotels to work in.
Or that feeling where a satisfied customer gives you a thumbs up...
With TIPS, if you're eyeing more on money ;)

The downside? If the economy plummets, this field is the first to get flushed down the bowl.
Yeah well, you can "jump ship". But the matter is, how high or far can you go?
There is always a possibility of global economy crisis...
So, it's a risk.
Plus, I have an uncle who told me that "You're paying so much to RUIN your future" when he found out I had my eye on this field.
This field faces the same problem as Mass Communication.
Everyone thinks its a shitass field that lands you JOBLESS.

Well, listen up...
The main reason why so many of em are jobless is because they fail to impress the employers during their job interview.
Not because of their certification.
If they are excellent and succeed in sweeping feet and turning heads during the interview,
there'll be tonnes of rich people in this world.
But of course, there's space for the jobless and so happen people from this field fits in...
So, to all the close-minded parents...
STOP THINKING THAT THIS IS A SHITTASS FIELD!

That's all I have to say :D

Okay, I've pretty much ranted a whole load.
Gotta run...
Toodles.

*~*~*~*scribbles and scrams*~*~*~*

No comments: