Nuffnang

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Somehow Peculiar

Joshua Radin - Mile

Time seems to pace up when you don't pay attention...
I just feel like a giant clock is about to crash my air supply.
As much as I'm glad that this is all gonna end...
I can't deny the freaky feeling I'm getting.
Geez... Soon I'll be asking... "What now...?"

Today was like any particular boring day.
I miss going to the movies so much till I might actually have a relapse xD
Thank God for the pretty amusing morning.
Went for my little brother's annual concert at Grace Kindergarten.

Trust me. It was bloody amusing.
They had this "graduation" ceremony, where they were wearing these adorable not-so-little square hats.
The emcee even said "Congratulations, you've GRADUATED!" like it's a really big deal.
Well, technically all the parents paid through their noses to "buy" that graduation scroll.

That's my pipsqueak bro in the middle.

Do you know it cost about RM3k++ a year to send your kid to kindergarten?
That's like almost RM7k for two years!
And now most parents send their kids for first year nursery and two years kindergarten.
That could easily pay for a year of Pre-U!
Like, hello...!

Anyway, the minute I stepped in the kindergarten...
I was overwhelmed by flooding excited parents!
They were crowding around just to snap pictures of their cute little "pumpkins, bobby-kins and johnny-boy".
So it wasn't entirely easy to find my puny little brother through the crowd.
But the minute I saw him I burst into a howl.
Nope, I wouldn't call it a laughter.
It was a freaking banshee screeching HOWL.
I laughed so hard till some of em parents were staring at me.

He got so furious at me till he didn't allow me to take a clear picture of him.
My bro, the one who never fails to jump in front of the camera at any chance, suddenly felt camera-shy because his big ol' meanie sister laughed so terribly at him xD
I know I know... I'm so so so darn mean.
But if you knew how vain my brother was, you would understand why I laughed my ass off!

This was after some "thorough" scrubbing and cleaning.

After a while I realised that my bro somehow looked so familiar...
Like his newly "refurbished" eyebrows totally reminded me of someone!

ARE YOU LAUGHING NOW?! :D

Alright, I shall quit picking on my little bro.
I would be lying if I said I totally HATED the ceremony.
I couldn't help but squeak "OMG! Shooo cute!"
OR....
"OMG OMG! Can I pack that home please please PUH-LEASE!!!"
There was this adorable kid that I wanted to snag home xD
His cheeks were like a pair of soft and fluffy steam pau!
I think he was about 3 years old. Still wobbling while he walks.
There I was wondering, where on earth did this cute little thing get his awesome genes from?
Right then I saw his "hott mama" pick him up.
Explained so much!!

Back to my bro's concert...
I couldn't snap decent pictures of the whole event cause some people are really dumb witted.
I totally understand that you're a loving parent bla bla bla bla
and you're so excited to watch your lil pumpkin perform a cha cha.
But hello...! That makes every single one of us!
The minute the concert took off, almost every single parent stood up.
Nope, its no standing ovation!
I lost count of how many times the emcee had to say "Please sit down, there are cameras recording from behind."


In most of the pictures taken you can see semi-balding parent at every angle!
So, for my next post I should probably write about symptoms of middle age crisis.
Or effects of blood sucking education expenditures!
Seriously, some parents are really inconsiderate.
You would expect to be in an environment filled with.. well, civilized folks.
Heck no. Their no better off than those "teenagers" that they always rant about being rude and barbaric.
The aunty sitting next to me even said "Aiyah... don't care la. Others are standing, we stand also la!"
Peeshh... typical Malaysian.
Monkey see monkey DO!


ANYWAY... The kids did a really good job.
Most of them were really sporting.
Although some totally chickened out throughout the performances.
I realized something. Little girls are much more daring compared to little boys.
They had this pair dancing, the girls were totally "shaking em thangs!"
but the guys totally stoned in pure shock.
One girl even hit a poor boy during a dance performance when that boy kept on fiddling with his buttons.
Darn... If only I managed to snap a picture of it.
It'll be shoooo adrorable!!

Sigh.. I'm out of interesting pictures.
My post shall end here...

Oh, before I sign off...
Little pipsqueak have a statement to make...

"Mummy, you know.. you know... I have four girlfriendshhh!"

Beat that guys :P

*~*~*~*scribbles and scrams*~*~*~*

No comments: