Nuffnang

Sunday, December 07, 2008

This Nor That

Jamestown Story - Change

Days are rolling pass extremely fast.
So many things are pounding right at the door of my cerebral till I'm going bananas.
I went to several education fair for the past week, and boy, it was effing daunting.
I'm sure most of us who were not chosen for NS decided to join the second intake.
I was one of em who instantly decided on that.
Well, it's rather a sensible plan isn't it?
After 11 years of studying, one month just isn't enough.
Heck, it's less than a month!
Plus, I need a bloody vacation.
Not to mention some time to work for money.
I'm so broke :s
So, recently I talked to a college counselor at an education fair...
She immediately asked me for a clear reason, when I was looking into the second intake.
Seriously, I couldn't come up with a sensible reason.
Saying that you need 4 months of break even after 11 years of studies, obviously isn't a reason good enough.
I mean, come one... You've gotta admit.
The working issue : Really... I don't really have to.
Vacation? There's plenty of time for vacations during semester break.
I could only find myself whining "I don't wanna start studying on January 5th!!!"
I found out that the second intake is actually the express class.
Cause it's final exam is the same as the first intake.
The courses fees are the same as well...
You're paying for a semester extra, in other words.
So yeah... that's BASICALLY it.
Can't believe I'm actually considering the first intake. BLAH.

And there's all these questions...
"Which course are you gonna take?"
"What do you wanna do?"
"Which college are you going to?"
"Have you signed up for a scholarship?"
"What? You haven't written entry essays??"

To hell with all these questions.
Give me an effing break, for crying out loud.
I'm currently at the point where I DO NOT KNOW what I'm gonna do for the next 35 years.
I just wanna enjoy the free time I have now...
And it sucks to wake up and immediately question myself "What am I to do?"
I know a couple of people who've already decided on which course to do.
And some even signed up already.
I salute you! Seriously...
Totally envying those who have the God given talent in Art or Cooking or even Dancing for that matter.
These people instantly know where to go.
Whereas I?
Feel like an actuarist one day, a cook another, an engineer the past week, a doctor the next, a reporter this minute, a hotel manager the next hour... and the list goes on.
The best option? Be an actor.
Then play whatever character with whatever career in the world.
However... Fact check No. 1 : In Malaysia, the film industry is a total bogus. No matter what century we're in.
Fact check No. 2 : Notice that most of the local sitcom is mainly Malay sitcoms. Except some rare ones like Kopitiam, but I think that's Singapore's production.
Shut up, Hollywood ain't exactly as easy as you think it is...
So yeah... Kinda strikes it out.

Well, enough of these daunting bullshit.
Prom's about 5 days away and I haven't seen my dress! Eeek!
I'm absolutely clueless how it's gonna look like.
Totally placing my trust on the tailor to make it "purrr-fect"!
I'll only get to see it on Monday or Tuesday.
Even then, it's not completely done.
Might need some alteration and sequins.
*Le Gasp* I have a real baaaaad feeling about this...
Heh. The things that we girls do for prom...
Though it's JUST prom.
Many claim it's a once-in-a-lifetime yada yada...
Blah... Seems like a wedding in a making xD

Oh, I hope hope hope the dress will turn out well.
Make the money's worth.
I need a shopping spreeeeeee!
KL here I comeeeee! :D



1 comment:

thenewcolour.com said...

Good luck in getting your prom dress. I remember how tough it was shopping for my prom - and you are right - it's almost like preparing for a wedding! The right dress is so hard to find!