Nuffnang

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Within the Golden Hour

Daryl Hall & John Oates - It Came Upon A Midnight Clear

And ye, beneath life's crushing load,
Whose forms are bending low,
Who toil along the climbing way
With painful steps and slow,
Look now! for glad and golden hours
come swiftly on the wing.
O rest beside the weary road,
And hear the angels sing!

Merry Christmas to all :)
Wishing everyone a great year ahead, and may all your wishes come true.

Haven't had time to update. Been pretty busy and was very sick a few days back.
Things have been great so far. Although time has passed so quickly till I don't even have the time to blink.
I bet almost everyone has enrolled in college by now. I'm gonna miss ya'll!
It's gonna be a brand new start... All the best everyone.

Ah. Don't you just like the smell of Christmas morning?
As usual, my first Christmas wish for snow to come falling to Malaysia didn't happen. AGAIN.
Yes, I wish for Malaysia's weather doom every year :D
Christmas is never really perfect with such hot weather. But well, we make the best of it.
This year haven't been about presents for me though... Although there was a number of feasting ;D
I had to babysit my brothers and prepare french toast all morning as my parents enjoyed the morning service.
Dang, I missed the caroling. Wanted to head over to church, but I just couldn't get up :p
Ooops, looks like I'm on Santa's naughty list this year.

Anyway, I've been preparing for tonight's Christmas dinner.
Main course on the menu : The Holiday Roasted Chicken.
No turkey, mummydearest doesn't fancy its full breast meat :/
No rosemary, forgot to grab some yesterday. oops.

So how to make The Holiday Roasted Chicken using Stephanie's amateur way? :D

First, scout for the sexiest looking whole chicken from the wet market.
I would recommend you NOT to buy chicken from the supermarket like Giant or Tesco.
Cold Storage is fine, I think.
This is about 1.5kg, can feed a family of 4-5.

Ask the poultryman to make a hole big enough for stuffings. This one is a little too big. Might need to sew it up later on to prevent the stuffings from flooding out :/

After cleaning the insides of the chicken, brine it with coarse salt.
Michael Smith recommends natural course sea salt.
He soaked the turkey in about 2 pounds of salt, but since I'm using a small chicken, I'm only gonna rub about 3 teaspoon of salt around it and the inside.
Make sure to rinse all the salt off, the amount of salt use doesn't really matter.

Then, rub butter around it, rub some beneath the skin too and refrigerate.

That's what I've done so far... I'll update later on to tell if it's a success :)

On another note...

I just love the latest season of The Apprentice!
It's always interesting to watch Donald Trump's toupee floating around the board room.

Too bad my favorite contender was fired last week. Boxing champ Tito Ortiz!

Piers Morgan totally defeated ze bitch Omorosa, like finally!!
I just love englishmen. They have such razor tongue!
No one beats Piers....

You can continue to rot your non-celebrity bohhhring life away, Omorosa...

As I was googling for their picture, I found out who won The Apprentice season 7.
I HATE SPPOILERS >:(


Shall update on ze Chicken later :D
Toodles for now

No comments: