Nuffnang

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Munch! The Evolution of the Cookie Monster!


I feel soooo guilty after a binge.
Like super super guilty.
Like I could gag myself, but I won't.
Heh. More like I can't do it :/

But anyhooo... Had a great Hi-Tea at Atrium, Sunway Tower Hotel.
It's Father's Day :))
Brought DaddyDearest for a binge :D




I ate more than DaddyDearest! Eeek. I scare myself :/





He who ate the least! And who whined the whole waaaay through while we were shopping. Pfft! Pipsqueak!

That smile is soooo deceiving!

And now for the foooooood.
Beforehand I should apologise for the amateurish photos.
Most of them did not do justice to how the food tasted. HEE :D

First off, dived into a spread of LAMB! The T-Bone Lamb chop, which wasn't as good as it looked. A lil too dry and tasteless... The lamb curry, however, was splendid! Would have been fabulous if they had Roti Canai to serve with it, YUM! The noodles looked pretty normal, but it tasted really good. Served with juicy prawns :D Mom liked it. The sate was too dry & SWEET for my liking. Not meat sweet, but sugar sweet. Kinda artificial...

Lil bro's plate of Cocktail Sausages, Sate and Potato Wedges. The wedges were goood. Can really tell it's "homemade". As in, not the frozen ones they just heat up.

They call this Pom Pom Potatoes (or something like that) xD They look pretty simple, but taste good. Though it's a little too oily on the sides... Lil bro LOVED THEM. He ate more than 15 of these!

Hong Kong Wanton Noodles. A must try if you dine at Atrium. The noodles have a rather unique texture. Mom mentioned that you can never get that kinda texture at a regular wanton mee stall. Or not that we've tried. The wanton was goooood! Filled with meat and a huge juicy prawn. Though I have to say the soup is a little bland. Like something is missing!

This was the only dessert I tried. Bread & Butter Pudding with Vanilla Cream. It sounds a lot nicer than it tastes, or looks. A lil too jelak for me. The bread was too hard, not crispy. The pudding did not have that sweet smelling aroma that it was supposed to have. But I liked the Vanilla Cream though :D

Dad's Green Salad with Thousand Island dressing.

But I prefered to have mine with Vine-grade & Olive oil dressing :D Overstuffed myself with olives and capers! Heee... Bliss!

The ice-cream spread was a little disappointing. Just regular Neapolitan flavours. But they did provide chocolate chips and walnuts. Could have been better actually...

That's all :D
Didn't take much... Was too busy eating.
That's why I can never have a food blog.
I won't have enough pictures to prove for it xD
Mentioned this like a MILLION times HEH :p

Pictures I missed out :
Japanese spread - salmon sushi, prawn sushi, some egg custard, Kimchii (not very nice). Overall, kinda disappointing. Then again, it's not a specific Japanese buffet, so can't exactly expect much.
Salad spread - Caesar Salad (bacon was waaay too dry and DID NOT taste like bacon :/), Chicken Salad, Prawn Salad, ALL KINDS OF SALAD. I went crazy at this isle! Heh. I'm like super healthy with all the GREENS floating in me stomach :D
Hong Kong Dim Sum spread - Ultimately disappointing! Didn't even taste good. Tasted weird. They shouldn't even serve it.
Local cuisine dessert - Which was impressive, but I don't fancy it so I didn't try. All the nyonya kuih with all kinds of Jeruk. Looks pretty good...
Fresh seafood - Lots and lots of OYSTERS! The table next to mind totally snagged multiple plates of them sea creatures! Didn't try the oysters, so I have no clue how fresh they were. I tried the fresh shrimps tho. Err... Huge prawns, but er... Rather tasteless I would say :/
Briyani rice, Seafood fried rice, a few types of Crabs, Tandoori Chicken, all sorts of cakes and chocolate pudding...

They have a pretty wide spread I would say. Give them a 9/10 for spread. But only 6.5/10 for quality and taste. The Salad spread really impressed me. And the main course. But many were disappointing as well. Dishes that made an impression : Hong Kong Wanton Noodles and Curry Lamb. Must try!

Oh, I need to mention... It was RM55++ for adults and 50% off for children. But that's the Father's Day promotion. Should go check out how much they charge for regular periods. If I'm not mistaken it's RM60++ and above...
It's worth the try for the spread they have, if you're not too picky on the taste.
I come from a family with really really picky stomachs, so I might be a little to strict on the reviews :D
But ah well, we all came out really stuffed!
And I should hit the gym tomorrow!
MUST MUST!

Bounces off :D HEEE....


No comments: