Nuffnang

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Just A Little Help

Okay, I know I'm suppose to be on a hiatus.
Just something I figured out last night...
This may help those who's going nuts and haywire due to studying Sejarah.

No doubt Sejarah is THE hardest subject to study.
There's so much to memorize.
And even the tips and ramalan ain't helping much.
So...

My lil bro's doodle whiteboard has now become my battle tool :D

Remember all those mind mapping stuff that the teachers always ask us to do in class?
I know it seemed like bullcrap at that time.
My advise, do try it out. It works.
Maybe not for everyone. But it's working for me.

Reasons:
1. You won't feel as sleepy compared to studying straight from a book.
2. You can see it more clearly and remember easier.
3. Photographic memory will help!
4. You can make connections and understand better.


For example... (refer above)
Sumbangan Bani Umaiyah...
Do you see how Cordova appears so many times?
Many contributions came from that place.
So in case a question might come out...
"Berikan sumbangan/perkembangan di Cordova semasa pentadbiran Bani Umaiyah" or something like that.
You wouldn't go, "Wtf. It's not in the book!"
It's all there, just that it's not accumulated into one sub topic, so it's not as easy to see.

This is just an example.
There're many other ways which it can aid in too.
Like how the Kesan on Pentadbiran and Perundangan interconnects.
So when you remember one part, the other would come by easily.
Use mind mapping, you'll be able to see it clearer.
If you don't have a whiteboard, just use rough paper and conteng all over.
Seriously, you won't feel as sleepy.
Cause your mind will be busy scanning out important points.
Thus, it'll be drilled into your head.

Another advise, don't jot notes!
It would deplete the point.
Just mind map the keywords, stare at it for a few minutes, capture as much as you can.
Then, close your eyes and try to form sentences based on words that you've read from the text book.
Helps in essay!

If you think this is time consuming. Trust me it's not.
It's better than just reading from a book for 4 hours straight...
And every 15 minutes I bet your mind will go flying to some Fantasy Land of your own
and you'll find yourself going "Oh crap... Where was I?"
then you have to read it ALL OVER AGAIN.
or... "Shit I've been spending the past half an hour on the SAME PAGE!"
Give it a shot!

Hope this helps.
I know it's VERY late for this kinda crap.
This is the only LAST AND FINAL resort I know...
Well, better late than never!
Good luck!

*~*~*~*scribbles and scrams*~*~*~*

No comments: