Nuffnang

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thank Civilisation For Gutters!

Jason Mraz - I'm Yours

I'M BACK *evil laughters*
I'm a happy happy kid :) Finally upgraded my computer's RAM.
Let's do a Whoopsie :D

Totally spent my holidays traveling. I wouldn't complain if it was overseas.
BUT noo... It was only KualaSelangor.Ipoh.Penang.
The minute I reach home, unpack then pack again and off to another state in two days. Sucks.
Went home to Penang to visit my Grandfather.
He had his leg amputated. Bone Cancer apparently.
But I have a feeling that it's a complete bullshit.
They probably couldn't find out what it was.
So the only possible answer? Malignant(fullstop)
Nevertheless, he's totally fine. Very positive.
Gosh, I admire him so much.

Anyway, I think I've packed a couple of pounds.
How not to when you're in Penang (Food Haven)?!
It's funny, in KL, if you put me in a hawker court I won't be able to decide what to eat.
Because there's NOTHING appealing.
Over in Penang, same situation.
But this time, I can't decide because I just wanna have a bit of EVERYTHING.
Kinda explains my extra pounds.

Now I'm gonna fill you in on my "chump chump" experience :D
My favorite order - Char Koay Kak (Lo Pak Ko in Cantonese)! Don't forget - EXTRA taugeh... :D
The best I've tried so far is in Bayan Food Court.
and of course - Hokkien Mee/Har Mee/Prawn Mee. You'll be a fool to visit Penang and not have a bowl of that.
I would suggest the one in Paya Terubong, I know it's a huge area but I don't know the specifics.
But I know the lady used to sell Hokkien Mee in Methodist Girls School.
I also ate Chu Chap Chok (direct translation: all parts of pork porridge xD) from Newlane.
It wasn't THAT great compared to the one in Sea Park, KL.
In case you are wondering, it's porridge served with pork stomach, intestines and sometimes blood clots.
I know it sounds *gagpukegag* but seriously, try it with deep fried pork intestines.
Hmm... what else?
Oh yeah. Never ever EVER leave Penang until you've tried Balitung.
It's some kind of shellfish. The ones that you have to suck out of the shell.
It's a fun dish. I had a tummy ache from laughing at my dad, puckering with the shell.
My cousin said it's an excellent way to practice kissing. Sure thing, he's right xD

Those are the MAIN ones. Trust me, there's plenty.
Anyway, bottom line is... Visit Penang if you wanna gain a couple of pounds.
Or to pamper your dear little pie hole.
I've traveled back to Penang countless times already, but I've never really enjoyed the food in my hometown until that trip.
And if you think I've had enough of food throughout that four-day trip.
You are so WRONG.
The minute I came home, daddydearest was sooooo kind to drive us all the way to Sri Melor Jaya in USJ.
Such sweetness... since it's located 16km away and obviously the petrol price has driven everyone up the wall lately.
All 5 of us whacked 7 dishes. Love the food there. Common but authentic in a way.
I almost fell off the chair laughing at the mamak waiter's expression.
Boy, he must be wondering if we've been starved for a month.
I'm so dieting for today onwards. *coughs* never gonna happen. love food WAY too much :D

Sorry no pictures.
I'm a sucky food blogger, I'm sure you've noticed.
I tend to forget the "snapping pictures" part and totally dive into the "devouring".

Oh dear, look at that Essay!
Well, I better scurry off to finish my Peka homework.
Gawd, I can't remember the last time I actually DID homework O.O
butbutbut stephay's gonna be a goody-two-shoes FOR NOW because effing AssPeeAm trials are drawing near. boohoo. sue me.

*~*~*~*scribbles and scrams*~*~*~*

No comments: