Nuffnang

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

DefiNITEly Not DefiNATEly

Amiee Mann - Wise Up

Are you of them who spells definitely as defiNATEly?
If you are, it's really time for you to brush up on your spelling.
Yup, I did some "research" and it's defiNITEly not defiNATEly.
You have no idea how MANY people misspell defiNITELY.
You'll be shocked.
It's the most common spelling error on the internet.
Not only that, even in best-selling novels.
I always spell it as defiNITEly but often doubted my own spelling because everyone around me seem to spell it as defiNATEly.
I was darn sure I misspelled it when I saw defiNATEly in several newspapers and novels.
So I thought, 'what the heck', since I've been spelling it that way for years...
Too feed my curiosity, I Googled the word "defiNATEly"...
Yeap I use Google and Yahoo! for spell checks. They're useful!
To my surprised, Google corrected me.
So it's defiNITEly spelled as defiNITEly.
For once in a million chances, I actually spelled something right xD

So people. For now on, please start spelling it as deFINITEly.
I know it's pronounced as defiNATEly... but really go check.
Don't believe me? Google it! :)

cat caught your tongue?
just let it slip...
it's really not that difficult.
you ignorance is aggravating...


*~*~*~*scribbles and scrams*~*~*~*

No comments: