Nuffnang

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Light Within the Darkness

Mitch Butler - Better Day (Earth Hour Song)


Everyone knows it's Earth Hour today.
It has been bombarded on TV, newspapers and even the radio.
I'm proud that Malaysia has chosen to be a part of it this year.
Although I bet most of them did not bother to take part...
From what I heard, many of them still kept their lights on..
And although some decided to take part, they only turned off their living room lights!
*coughs*jean*coughs :p
That's pointless don't ya think??
I can proudly say I switched off everything.
Not for an hour, but for THREE hours.
My very own 180 hour :]

That's because my family and I wasn't home xD
We went out for dinner with my uncle who came down all the way from Johor Bahru.
And spent time at the Wok Cafe (another uncle's restaurant, go try it!)
It was brightly lit! Can't blame em. Turn off the light for an hour, and there goes his business.
It's not easy dealing with food business.
Totally depends on luck sometimes.
My uncle hates the rain! That's when people decide to stay home...
And it really depends if people happen to pass by his restaurant.
Of course advertising is important, but he just started, so it's still hard to find funds for that.
Do drop by and try. He serves good Hokkien Mee/Prawn Mee.
And everything's authentic nyonya food, some ingredients brought all the way from Penang, food haven! :D

So anyway, I totally support Earth Hour!
I think it's a brilliant idea for awareness.
I'm also pretty surprised about the media coverage on this project.
It was all over the place, and many actually responded to it!
You've gotta admit, Malaysians are not really aware of environmental issues.
And we're one of the filthiest people on Earth, step outta the house and you can see dump everywhere!
Right up to the "No littering" sign. Maybe we're blind due to ignorance.
But I guess people are changing... The new generation seem to have taken notice of the serious environmental problems we're facing.
It's great that even my college is involved in an Earth Hour event organized at Sunway Pyramid.
Sadly, I wasn't a part of it. Wanted to, but all this takes time.
I've spent too much time outta the house, I need to stay in and think straight for once :/
So, I'm really curious about how the event went. Hmm... Any idea?

Well, a round of applause people!
I think Malaysians are starting to change.
A little bit laaa... One tiny step at a time right?
You can't expect the whole nation to make a 180 overnight.
This should be a good start, shows that there's still hope! *sniggers*
I get a little excited when there're projects for the environment and animals.
So, I'm kinda disappointed that I couldn't be a part of the Earth Hour event due to lack of time and exhaustion.
Oh well, I guess there's always next time :]

Stay green, people :D

signing off...

p/s : ironically i'm addicted to facebook :/ wtf...

No comments: